Loome Software is wholly owned and operated by BizData.
BizData Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. Personal information is defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). BizData Pty Ltd is an Australian Privacy Principle entity under this Act and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles. All people and organisations working with and for BizData are required to be familiar with and to comply with the obligations set out in this Policy. Personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal information for employment, customer and marketing purposes such as full name, postal address, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Personal information relating to a person’s business or professional capacity such as ABN/ACN, position, organisation, postal address, phone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- Transactional information such as credit card details or bank details
- Personal information for the purpose of organising, inviting and holding an event with BizData Pty Ltd.
How we collect personal information
- Directly from the person and/or the company they represent that we are interacting with to provide advice, services, materials and/or resources, employment opportunities or company information. This information can be collected in hard copy forms, online or by email, post, facsimile, face to face, over the phone or through our reseller channel or including wholesalers and partners.
- Enquiries made to external parties in order to provide advice, services, materials and/or resources, employment opportunities or company information, for example reference checks for employment purposes.
- You may also separately share your information with other Web sites or entities, such as those that create professional marketing lists, to receive special offers and promotions from their affiliates. We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database. Whether or not any third party actually shares your information with us and to what extent they do share your information with us will depend on their agreement with us and their respective privacy policies.
- From publicly available information.
How we store and secure personal information
- We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of personal information to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
- Information in hard copy format is stored in our secure offices secured by swipe passes, lock and key cabinets or room.
- Information in electronic format is stored securely on our secure servers or in accredited systems that meet security and privacy standards, such as our payroll system.
The use of personal information
- The first priority of BizData’s use of personal information is to protect its confidentiality, subject to the particular use of the information.
- BizData is committed to the use of personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Personal information will not be distributed, shared or passed on to any third party unless consent has been granted by the individual or organisation, or BizData is required to do so by law.
- BizData uses this information to provide our core services to our customers, market our services and our brand to the industry and potential customers, recruit employees, have productive working relationships with our employees, and to engage with partners and third party service providers.
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
BizData is transparent and accountable for the limited personal information that we collect and aim to maintain the accuracy and quality of this information. Should you wish to access or correct your personal information we hold, please contact BizData via Email or 1300 249 328
You may also use these contact details to notify us of a privacy complaint if you think we have failed to comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles. If a complaint is made, it will be thoroughly assessed in a timely manner and any breach will be rectified, where practicable and possible. All complaints will be taken seriously and will feed into continual processes for reviewing and improving privacy.
Published October 2019